2 weeks into 2011. i think im doing pretty good on my goals.
*lists...ive been making lots more. i dont necessarily write one every day, but close. ive even been doing it at work.
*communication... well i did respond to all the messages i got on facebook, does that count?
*healthy living... ran & i started doing yoga about 3 times a week. we both really love it & i can totally feel a difference when i dont do it. ive been trying to make better, but small (at first) changes, like bringing almonds or dried fruit to work as a snakc instead of hitting the vending machine. plus my awesome sis-in-law, cherie, sent me an "eat this not that" book. last night ran & i were at the studio & i couldnt stop reading it. really interesting.
*reading more... eh, i started a book but it was sooo un-interesting. i need to start a different one.
*peaceful lifestyle...i feel like yoga has helped alot in this area. it really is such a nice way to unwind from a day & clear your mind.
*photo a day... havent missed a day so far. you can see them all here.
(this was the picture for jan 8. its a little area in my studio. isnt that mushroom super cool? tara, my sis-in-law, gave it to me. i love it.)
i spent a good majority of the day at the computer updating my etsy shop... lots of vintage valentines cards. the pup spent the majority of the day laying on the floor next to me.
ran spent the majority of the day reading & studying. kitten little kept him company.
we are in the middle of a yet another lake effect snow storm. we all went outside to welcomethe new snow... well most of us went(if you look closely at the crack you will see a little nose).
& for my 365 project... a photo of the chocolate pistachio pudding pie i made. im not a huge pistachio fan, but i think its delicious. i also used fat free pudding & milk so an 8th of the pie has about 160 calories... not too bad for a snack.
i was looking through flickr pages of my fellow felt-a-licious classmates & found this wonderful idea. a dream board. i immediately fell in love with & knew i had to make one for 2011.
last night ran & i pulled out our trusty box of magazines especially for making collages. we watched movies while we cut out words & images that represented out goals & dreams for this new year.
some of my goals for this new year are:
* write to do lists to keep myself on track. ive been doing this off & on for the past few weeks. when i make one i get sooo much more done.
* communication. i make this one a goal every year. i am horrible at keeping in touch. i have good intentions, but the follow through is lacking.
* healthy living. pay more attention to the types of food we eat & be more active.
* take time to read. i love to read, but recently ive been focusing my time & energy elsewhere... i cant even remember the last boo i read.
* maintain a calm & peaceful lifestyle.
* photo a day for 365 days. this is one of the goals im pretty excited about. ive been following my friend, holly, as she does it & i love them! plus, i have finally found a purpose for this...
i ordered this from treasury not long after i moved to the east coast 3 1/2 years ago. i originally wanted to do an art journal type thing with it, but the pages were just too small for that kind of creativity (at least on a regular basis), so it has just sat on a shelf getting dusty... until today. i made a place on my studio table so its on the forefront of my mind. every week or two ill get my pictures printed & because it is such a small work space it will be easy to stay "caught up."